Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice in Spanish

Hello! My name is Pablo and I'm a new Ice fan!

Last week I've presented a class in my university speaking about Ice. I have been speaking for an hour and a half in front the class about Ice and as a result many of my schoolmates have showed interest in Ice, a technology that was totally unknown for us, "new" programers.

When I started to look for information about Ice I saw how it was very complicated to find any information in Spanish. I even couldn't find just an introduction to Ice... the only information I could get was in English.
Now that I know how good and practical is Ice for young programmers, I think it would be a really good idea to have some information about Ice in some different languages.

So, taking the Ice documentation as a base I have prepare a brief and also a complete introduction to Ice in Spanish. It's not very extensive and also it is not enough to learn how to program well with Ice but I think it will give a good aprroach and it will move the reader to know Ice better.

Here it's Ice en Español

It's completly based onthe Michi Henning book but it's not a literal translation and it may contain errors.

Congratulations for Ice!!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Sounds like a great resource Pablo! Thanks for contributing to the Ice community.
  • More references in Spanish

Hello everyone!

Currently, I am also working in a practical Spanish guide. My main goal is to obtain a document with experimental examples of all Ice features. In fact, I am adding a section related to the efficient transfer of files based in the article which Matthew Newhook wrote.

All the documentation and all the examples are distributed under the GPL and can be downloaded by using the following command:
    svn checkout http://icedoc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ icedoc

Regards.