Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Subscribing with icestorm

Hi,

I am facing problem when subscribing to icestorm.

One application which is publishing messages is in the descriptor used to register with icegrid.

While another application which subscribes for the message is not registered withe icegrid.

Problem Iam facing is

Iam able to subscribe for the message. But when another application publishes the message,
icestorm throws an NotRegisteredException on the subscriber application.

Should the subscriber application always be registered with the IceGrid, to get the messages?
Or Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

The configuration you're describing should work so there's most likely a configuration problem. I'm not sure I understand where the Ice::NotRegisteredException is raised, is it raised by the subscriber, publisher or IceStorm? What is the output when you print the exception on the standard output/error?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • It is generated in IceStorm

The Error looks like this

[ icebox-IceStorm: Topic: Subscribe: e84801ca-e79e-4ab3-a9d5-848c49d5803c Qo]
    [ icebox-IceStorm: Subscriber: e84801ca-e79e-4ab3-a9d5-848c49d5803c: publish
    led: .\LocatorInfo.cpp:407: Ice::NotRegisteredException:
    no object with id `e84801ca-e79e-4ab3-a9d5-848c49d5803c' is registered ]
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    This exception indicates that IceStorm, when it invokes on the subscriber proxy, tried to locate with the locator the object with the identity from the trace but couldn't find it (it's not registerd with the locator).

How do create the subsciber proxy and register it with the topic? This proxy is most likely the problem, it should be a direct proxy since you don't register the subscriber with IceGrid.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks Benoit, I will try this and get back to you.
  • Hi,

But I am getting the topicmanager proxy using the following

"InstanceName/TopicManager:default -p 10000", which is also given in my configuration file.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Hmm, the exception has nothing to do with how you're getting the topic manager proxy. The problem lies in the proxy used to subscribe the subscriber object to the IceStorm topic.

Could you copy/paste the client code showing the subscription to the topic and the client configuration?

Cheers,
    Benoit.