Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

vc7.0 server,IceV3.11.Assertion `_instance' failed?which version will solute the bug?

dear all:
I met the same problem as below:
The "Assertion `_instance' failed."
I heard of the problem has been soluted in a new version,Can you tell me which version?
thank you!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

We don't support VC 7.0 (we support VC 6.0, 7.1 and 8). Once you've upgraded your compiler and if you still get the problem, you should include more information such as the exact error message of the assert (it should include the file and line number) and the operating system version that you're using.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

We don't support VC 7.0 (we support VC 6.0, 7.1 and 8). Once you've upgraded your compiler and if you still get the problem, you should include more information such as the exact error message of the assert (it should include the file and line number) and the operating system version that you're using.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Thank you for your Help,Benoit.I help my Friend Mr wu to post this Thread.who is a fresh ice user too.He will register later.His exact running info is Vc7.1 server,java client,Ice V3.11,os is Windows2003.He got this error message when the system was running,and he got no more error infomation.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    I'm afraid without more information it's impossible to help you.

I'm surprised there's no information about the location of the assert, Windows usually displays a dialog when the assert is triggered and it allows you to attach the debugger to the procss and look at the location of the assert.

If this is something you can easily reproduce, the best would be to send us a small self-containted example demonstrating the assert.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
    I'm afraid without more information it's impossible to help you.

I'm surprised there's no information about the location of the assert, Windows usually displays a dialog when the assert is triggered and it allows you to attach the debugger to the procss and look at the location of the assert.

If this is something you can easily reproduce, the best would be to send us a small self-containted example demonstrating the assert.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Sorry,there is some communion ullage between Mr wu and me .the whole error message is "Assertion failed: !_instance, file .\ConnectionMonitor.cpp, line 65".
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Is this something that you can easily reproduce? If that's the case, could you try to get the stack trace of the thread where the assert occurs?

If not, could you perhaps tell us a bit more about the application where this occurs? Did this happen on exit of the application? Does your application correctly destroy the communicator?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
    Hi,

Is this something that you can easily reproduce? If that's the case, could you try to get the stack trace of the thread where the assert occurs?

If not, could you perhaps tell us a bit more about the application where this occurs? Did this happen on exit of the application? Does your application correctly destroy the communicator?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
    thank you a lot for your help and patience,Benoit.
    Mr wu's full name is Wu bo,He will register later and communicate with you directly.