Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Vista compatibility

I'm trying to use Ice on Vista but am having some problems. I get this:
.\PropertiesI.cpp:224: Ice::SyscallException:
syscall exception: The system cannot find the file specified.
I'm using version 2.1.2. Can version 2.1.2 be used with Vista?

Comments

• marc
    marc Florida
    We never tested Ice 2.1.2 with Vista. The only version tested with Vista is 3.2.0.

Note that Ice 2.1.2 is quite old. Why use such an old version of self-training?
  • A colleague from work has been using Ice for a long time and gave me a few projects of his. THe project I'm playing with was built for 2.1.2 so I've installed 2.1.2 to match the original environment. I have been using 3.1.1 before this.

Do you think that the reason for this exception is because of Vista or is it a problem on my side somewhere? Everything works perfectly fine on my colleague's PC (XP).
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Can you please update your Project and Organization field in your profile.

I do not know what the reason for the exception is. We have never tested Ice 2.1.2 with Vista, and we also do only support the latest version of Ice in this forum.
  • Oh, that sucks. I found out why I had the previous error but now I get this one:
    icepackregistry: warning: administrative endpoints `IcePack.Registry.Admin.Endpoints' enabled

What does this mean?
  • marc
    marc Florida
    As I wrote above, please update your Organization and Project fields in your profile. We do not provide free support in these forums if these two fields are not present.
  • I updated my profile. Btw, I use the term colleague very loosely. Earlier I used it to refer to someone who's also self-employed and is also an independent developer. That ok?
  • marc
    marc Florida
    Sorry, but please provide the name of the project you are working on, and the company you are working for (regardless of whether you are an employee or a consultant). If you do not wish to give away this information, we do not provide free support. For commercial support, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.
  • Thats a problem because I'm not currently working on a project or for anyone. Hence the reason I am learning new things - I have nothing else to do. Its not a pleasant situation since I am not earning anything but at least I'm being constructive.