Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

How add a new Property to the IcePatch2 Server?

Hello! I wanted to add a new property to the IcePatch2 Server. So I searched for some configuration file, where I could add an additional line. But I didn't find it:( I looked in the source code of Service and found that it uses some default pointer to properties:

int main(int & argc, char * argv[],
const Ice::InitializationData & data =
Ice::InitializationData())

But where are these properties / the corresponding configuration file located?

Ewgenij

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You can set properties either on the command line when you execute the icepatch2server or in a configuration file and start the icepatch2server with --Ice.Config=<config file path>. See here for more information on Ice properties.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi

Thanks, but I know that :) My point was that I wanted to load the additional property without giving an additional configuration file. I mean the IcePatch2 uses some default configuration file to load its properties, doesn't it? And I wanted to add my property to that default configuration file. Or is it impossible?

Greetingz
    Ewgenij
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

No, there's no default configuration file for the IcePatch2 server or any Ice services. You'll need to change the IcePatch2 server code if you want to change the defaults.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Ahhhh

Ahh, thanks:) Now I see the light at the end of the tunnel:D Thought all along there was some default config file that I couldn't find...