Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Multiple IceGrid observers?

Hi, I'd like to confirm that one can install multiple observers of the same type into the same IceGrid Node/Registry.

I'm guessing that's the case but can't find a confirmation in the documentation. The IceGrid GUI documentation seems to imply it when talking about getting an exclusive lock to edit the application descriptor.

The reason I'm asking is because I've had a couple of instances when running two IceGrid GUI's seemed to prevent one of them from getting updates on the Node status. Before I investigate further, I'd like to know that this is supposed to work.

Thanks, Alex

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Alex,

Yes, you can register multiple observers with different admin sessions. It sounds like your problem might be similar to the one reported on [thread=3116]this thread[/thread]. See Bernard's comment for how to enable some additional tracing on the GUI to investigate the problem.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • thanks Benoit, my experience was exactly the same as described in the other thread and it was also with 3.1.1. I will send an update if I run into the same thing with 3.2.

cheers, alex