Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to use my own STLport, not STLport within ICE

HI,
I had compiled STLport-5.1.2 successfully with VC++6.0.When I used ICE3.2, I found VC++6.0 need to include "Ice-3.2.0-VC60\include\stlport". I don't like to use old STLport(which included in ICE 3.2) , I want to use new verion STLport.But ,there has a confilct.If i do not put "Ice-3.2.0-VC60\include\stlport" in "VC++6.0->Options" firstly,using my own STLport(STLport-5.1.2),it displays "'auto_ptr' : is not a member of 'stlp_std'".How can i use my new version STLport?

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Are you using the pre-compiled version of Ice, or are you trying to compile your own? Note that in general we don't support this configuration and cannot really help you with general compilation problems such as this without a commercial support contract.
  • Whick third-party components should be compiled,when comipled ICE3.2 with STLport5.1.

Ha .ha ...
    I have another question about building ICE3.2:
    Whick third-party components should be compiled,when comipled ICE3.2 with STLport5.1?
    I compiled BerkeleyDB with STLport5.1.2 successfully,but when I compiled ICE3.2 with STLport5.1,there are also a lot of errors about linking. I want to know, how many third-party components must be compiled with STLport5.1 to finally compile ICE3.2 with STLport5.1 successfully.
    Thanks!!!
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    You just need to build Berkeley DB with STLPort; the other third party dependencies are pure C.

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • 'ptr_fun' undeclared identifier in CPlusPlusUtil.cpp

Thanks a lot!!
    i used vc6 to build ICE3.2 , it shows ''ptr_fun' undeclared identifier in CPlusPlusUtil.cpp<573>'
    what happened ??
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    This is part of the standard library, declared in <functional>. As to why it doesn't work -- I cannot say. If you insist on using an unsupported combination I'm afraid you are on your own.