Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceGrid Registry Log

Hi,

I am currently writing an application that needs to register and remove well known objects from an ice grid registry, however while doing some stress tests with lots of well-known objects being added and removed the log file becomes huge reaching the limit of space i have available and errors

Is there any way to limit the size of the log file to stop this?

Thanks for any help you can offer
-Alex Davies

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Alex,

Which log file are you concerned about? A trace file or database log files?

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • The database log file
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    If you use the default Freeze/Berkeley DB configuration, each database log files grows until it reaches 10MB, and then a new database log file is created. And by default Freeze (within the IceGrid registry) removes old database log files automatically.

Did you disable automatic removal of old log files (with Freeze.DbEnv.<name>.OldLogsAutoDelete=0)?

If so, then you need to remove these old log files yourself.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • I have not disabled the removal of the old log files, i have two log files there one is the correct size of 10M however the other one gets up to 500M before i run out of space.

Because its stress testing its performing a lot of registry changes very quickly, does the registry wait for a free period of time to change log files over or will it preempt incoming calls to do so?
  • bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Alex,

The log file should not grow beyond 10 MB. What's the name of this 500 MB log file?

Which platform / Ice distribution / Berkeley DB distribution do you use?

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • After deleting all my registry files and forcing them to recreate i have not be able to replicate the problem :confused:

So i guess its fixed for now and hope it doesn't come up again