Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Hi , I want to know PHP-4.4.2 extension for Ice

I want to know if php-4.4.2 support extension for Ice . if so , then which version of IcePHP match with php-4.4.2
the second question , I commpile Ice -3.2.1 in linux for 2.4 kernel ,using BerkeleyDB.4.5 ,gcc-3.4.6,but can't compile success.

Comments

• Please see our list of supported platforms. We do not support PHP 4.4.2, only PHP 5.1 / 5.2.
  • Thank you ,But I want to know why did not IcePHP support php-4.4.2

for the second question , the error message is following :
    c++ -c -I.. -I../../include -DFREEZE_API_EXPORTS -I//usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -g ConnectionI.cpp
    In file included from /usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/backward/iostream.h:31,
    from //usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include/db_cxx.h:60,
    from ../Freeze/TransactionI.h:14,
    from ../Freeze/ConnectionI.h:15,
    from ConnectionI.cpp:10:
    /usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../include/c++/3.4.6/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <iostream> instead of the deprecated header <iostream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
    In file included from ../Freeze/TransactionI.h:14,
    //usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include/db_cxx.h:61:23: exception.h: ûÓÐÄǸöÎļþ»òĿ¼
    In file included from ../Freeze/TransactionI.h:14,
    //usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/include/db_cxx.h:1053: error: expected class-name before '{' token
    make[2]: *** [ConnectionI.o] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/schang/IntexTV/Ice-3.2.1/src/Freeze'
    make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/schang/IntexTV/Ice-3.2.1/src'
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    We don't support PHP4 because the Ice for PHP plug-in depends on the new object model thats only available in PHP5.

It looks like your berkeley db installation is broken in some way. Can you compile any C++ application that uses db_cxx.h?

ie:

#include <db_cxx.h>

int main() { }
  • Thanks , I re-install the db-4.5.20 ,but when compile Ice-3.2.1 ,I got the

c++ -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/opt/Ice-3.2/lib -ftemplate-depth-128 -Wall -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -g -L../../lib -o ../../bin/transformdb TransformAnalyzer.o TransformVisitor.o Transformer.o transformdb.o Grammar.o Scanner.o AssignVisitor.o Data.o Error.o Functions.o Exception.o Parser.o Print.o Util.o -lSlice -lIceXML -Wl,-rpath-link,//usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/lib -lFreeze -lIce -lIceUtil -lpthread -L//usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.5/lib -ldb_cxx
    ../../lib/libIce.so: undefined reference to `epoll_wait'
    ../../lib/libIce.so: undefined reference to `epoll_ctl'
    ../../lib/libIce.so: undefined reference to `epoll_create'
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It looks like you're using an old Linux distribution which doesn't support the new epoll() system call. You could try compiling Ice without epoll support by commenting out the ICE_USE_EPOLL definition in src/Ice/ThreadPool.h.

Note however that we don't support officially support old Linux distributions and this configuration. If you want support to be added for your Linux distribution, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • ICE_USE_EPOLL definition

In Ice 3.3.0, I found this in src/Ice/Selector.h