Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

bug in FC7 rpm

The icegridregistry.conf file installed by the ice-servers-3.2.1-11.fc7.i386.rpm package has a wrong DefaultTemplates pointing to /usr/share/Ice-3.2.0/templates.xml, which is not packaged in that path but in 3.2.1 one.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Thanks for the bug report!
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    My colleague just pointed out to me that we don't actually maintain these RPMS. -- these are graciously maintained by Mary Ellen Foster (see http://www.zeroc.com/forums/patches/3365-ice-3-2-1-now-fedora-7-updates-testing.html).

We checked and our RPMs are correct in this respect.
  • Yes, thanks for that bug report -- I'll put out updated packages shortly. Nice to see that someone else besides me is actually using those packages! In future, please use bugzilla.redhat.com to report issues with the Fedora packages of Ice.

MEF
  • mefoster wrote: »
    Nice to see that someone else besides me is actually using those packages! In future, please use bugzilla.redhat.com to report issues with the Fedora packages of Ice.

We also use them. Production is RHEL, but for test machines we use Fedora.

I did check on bugzilla, but there was no filed bug (and I had no account there) I preferred to post here.
  • Updated F7 rpm

A new version of Ice that fixes this issue has been put into updates-testing on Fedora 7. If all goes well, it should make it into the full updates repository next week or so.

MEF