Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Can't compile with gcj

Okay, this is very weird ... if I try to compile the Java part of Ice 3.3.0 with gcj, I get the following error:
[javac] 1636. ERROR in /hd/home/mef/rpmbuild/BUILD/Ice-3.3.0/java/src/IceInternal/Timer.java (at line 21)
[javac] interface TimerTask
[javac] ^^^^^^^^^
[javac] The type TimerTask is already defined

It compiles fine with Sun Java, and I think the above is a spurious error, but I can't figure out what's going on (still trying ...). Any ideas?

MEF

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Mary-Ellen,

I think that's just a bug in Timer.java :( . TimerTask should be in its own TimerTask.java file.

Cheers,
    Bernard
  • There are patches available for this and some other distrib-related issues in my personal repo:
    http://arco.inf-cr.uclm.es/~francisco.moya/debian/

Everything compiles ok under gcj although running Ice binaries is another issue...

Regards,
    Paco
  • Cool, thanks for the pointer! Would it be acceptable to include your man pages in my Fedora RPM? I'd have to remove the pointers to the "non-free zeroc-ice-manual package" but otherwise they'd go in unchanged.

MEF
  • mefoster wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for the pointer! Would it be acceptable to include your man pages in my Fedora RPM? I'd have to remove the pointers to the "non-free zeroc-ice-manual package" but otherwise they'd go in unchanged.

Hi Mary Ellen,

Actually these manpages are not mine, they are taken unmodified from the ZeroC manual. I asked for permission on this forum to include them in my packages. Unfortunately I got a complaint on the licensing terms of the manpages and I had to replace them by stubs which are now GPLd.

Best regards,
    Paco