Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

a problem about IceStorm on HP-UX

Hi,

Have anybody encountered below problem?

My project is built and run on HP-UX with Ice3.3. Serveral clients distribute data by IceStorm. The frequence of publishing is about 2000 times per second. The package size is less than 1k Bytes. After the system run for a period of time, one hour or serveral hours, the usage of CPU and memery will increase rapidly. The memory usage will increase to 900M at this time IceSotrm will core dump.

If I run IceStorm on Windows, everything is OK.

I am appreciated from your response.

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Is that message frequency per publisher, or the number of messages flowing through IceStorm at any time? Is the throughput sustained? Does the memory & CPU gradually grow, or does it keep pretty stable and then suddenly increase?

Perhaps what is happening is that, at some point, IceStorm can no longer keep up (perhaps because someone runs something else on the machine and takes some CPU/memory) and then the messages start accumulating, and eventually consume all memory and crash IceStorm.
  • Hi, Matthew,

In my project, the frequncy of message published is stable. The growth is suddenly. I can't summarize the regular when the IceStorm will crash. As soon as memory usage of IceBox(IceStorm) start to increase, I could find some exception such as "connection time out".