Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE thread be clear up forcibly at runtime without any exception throw out

Hi all
There are strange things happened in my ICE program description as following:

1, the context: OS windows sp3, IDE Eclipse with java 1.6, ICE 3.2.1. the Eclipse rcp application receive mesages with ICE subscibe, from a publish via ICE publish. the publish run at the same computer as the Eclipse rpc application.

2 when i just test the messages publish and recerive, it's ok.

3 But after i do some operations in eclipse rcp application, the publish and receive can only run correct only once. after that the ICE threads be clear up forcibly at runtime without any exception throw out. I try to degger it, but when i traced at thread class in java, i can not keep up, because of no source available after exit() called (maybe the exit() be called, i am no sure).

It's very confuse me. Could any body help me and give some cued.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Haifnng,

In this forum we only provide free support for latest Ice release, could you update your program to Ice-3.3.0 and view if the problem is present with Ice-3.3.0.

If you still have the same issue with Ice-3.3.0 the best is try to reproduce it on a small self compilable example and upload it here, we will be happy to look at it.

Cheers,
    José
  • Hi José
    Thanks for your reply.

I have resolve the problem. This is caused by using a local variable to store a ice object. The problem was fixed when i change it to globe variable.

I will update to a new one, and thanks for your suggestion.

Sincerely
    Haifeng