Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE in combination with ACE

I want to combine ICE(version 3.3.0) with ACE(version 5.6.6) to create a server. Currently I'm facing some problems with linking. I have read on other posts on this forum that this combination is used by others. Is it possible to provide me with information on what to do and what not to do. I am interested in aspects like: compiling, linking, make file integration, debugging.

Joost van Doorn

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Assuming you're using a Unix platform, you simply need to pass the Ice include directory to the compiler with the -I option and the location of the Ice lib directory to the linker with the -L option. You also need to specify a -l option for the linker for each of the libraries required by your program, typically: "-lIce -lIceUtil" (you might also want to add -lFreeze, -lIceStorm, -lIceGrid if you use any of these components). I expect the same is necessary for ACE.

If you provide more information about your linker error we might be able to help. Please also specify which platform and compiler version you're using.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi,

I solved the problem. Your remark pointed me into the right direction. It appeared that I did not link all the libraries as required.
    So thanks very much! I'm impressed with the quick responses I got to the questions I posed. Keep up the good work :) .

Best regards, Joost