Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Assertion failure in icegridregistry

Hi,

I keep getting this assertion failure in icegridregistry:
icegridregistry: Database.cpp:1641: void IceGrid::Database::finishUpdating(const std::string&): Assertion `p != _updating.end()' failed.

This seems to happen when I restart the icegridnodes that use this registry.

Any idea what's going on?

Cheers,
dustin.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the report. I believe this assert occurs when an application is synchronized concurrently by multiple administrative clients. This would be the case if you start your nodes with the --deploy option. I've posted a patch for this problem on this thread.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Thanks for the report. I believe this assert occurs when an application is synchronized concurrently by multiple administrative clients. This would be the case if you start your nodes with the --deploy option.

Isn't this an extremely common use case for IceGrid applications?

Thanks for the patch, I will try it out and report back my findings.

If I have general comments or suggestions for improvements to the manual, where would be the appropriate place to send those?

Thanks,
    dustin.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Dustin,

No, I don't think it's very common to restart all the nodes at the same time with --deploy to update a same application. You can post your comments/suggestions here on the forums (in the Comments section for example).

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    No, I don't think it's very common to restart all the nodes at the same time with --deploy to update a same application.

Hmm, I guess I am uncommon then :)

I guess I should be using icegridadmin to redeploy my application when I make changes to the code?

By the way, the patch seems to be working great.

thanks,
    dstn.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Yes, you can use icegridadmin or the IceGrid Admin GUI to update the deployed application, you definitely don't need to restart the nodes for this :).

Cheers,
    Benoit.