Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

setting Codegear c++ builder 2007 for ICE 3.3

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile some of the ice demos using codegear c++ builder 2007 (it is included in the supported platforms but i'm getting the following errors:

[BCC32 Warning] Locator.h(132): W8058 Cannot create pre-compiled header: initialized data in header
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'IceInternal::FactoryTable::FactoryTable()' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Ice::AdapterNotFoundException::~AdapterNotFoundException()' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'IceUtil::Exception::~Exception()' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'IceUtil::Exception::Exception()' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'IceUtil::Exception::what() const' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'IceUtil::Exception::ice_print(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&) const' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Ice::UserException::__usesClasses() const' referenced from ..\PRINTER\DEBUG\SERVER.OBJ

I haven't found anywhere how to set this IDE (c++ builder 2007) for ICE 3.3 and I did that:

In tools/options/paths and directories

- Added the ice include folder to the include list
- Added the ice lib folder to the librarie list

but the result is shown above...

could anyone help me?

thanks in advance

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    We do not provide project files for our demos and just rely on building from the command line using nmake, so first I would try that to make sure that is working in your environment. Regarding the errors that you show with your IDE build my first guess would be that you are not linking with the main Ice libraries, ice.lib and iceutil.lib for release libraries or iced.lib and iceutild.lib for debug libraries.