Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE Android connection issue

2»

Comments

• I've been running in windows vista (32-bit). But we replicated the problem on OSX. As far as hardware, I'm running an intel core 2 DUO 1.83 GHz. The problem also occurs on my Windows XP desktop machine (32-bit) which is running a pentium D 3.4 GHz extreme edition processor.

I'll give the patch a shot.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Ok, let me know if the patch fixes the issue for you. Another thing you can try is to use SSL, since that uses a different connection code path. I've been testing only with the hello demo that accompanies the android distribution. Please also conduct your tests initially with this demo as this gives us common ground.
  • I sent you an e-mail but you can disregard it. I managed to install a patch.exe from sourceforge. Oh, by the way, I think that patch may have fixed the problem!!! I've only run one test though so we'll see...
  • YES! I have confirmed it, everything works fine now. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Excellent! Glad to hear I fixed the issue, although it would be nice if I could reproduce it myself.

BTW, a note on the earlier code sample you sent.
    props.setProperty("MY.Proxy", "Echter:default -h sturtevant.dyndns.org -p 8842");
    props.setProperty("MY.Proxy.ConnectionCached", "0");
    props.setProperty("MY.Proxy.PreferSecure", "0");
    props.setProperty("MY.Proxy.EndpointSelection", "Ordered");

Since you don't use propertyToProxy these properties have no effect.

I you encounter more problems in testing please let me know.
  • yeah that is code that has been cleaned out, we were messing around with different ways to create a proxy thinking that might have been the issue. Thanks again for all the help.