Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

why ice will be collapse in Release mode for vs2005?

i use ice do some application,
but when it link in Release mode ,it will collapse in follow sentence:

__checkMode(::Ice::Normal, __current.mode);
::IceInternal::BasicStream* __is = __inS.is();
__is->startReadEncaps();
::com::topology::segmentList value;
::com::topology::MULTITOP info;
__is->read(value);//*************************collapse
info.__read(__is);//**************************

but if it link in debug mode ,it have no fault, why ??????

your sincerely
chanchanyuan

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Did you change your build settings to link with ice.lib and iceutil.lib instead of iced.lib and iceutild.lib?

See also this FAQ.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you change your build settings to link with ice.lib and iceutil.lib instead of iced.lib and iceutild.lib?

See also this FAQ.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

i check it ,it is ice.lib, iceutil.lib as you say.

besides, ice also have anther fault ---- when i call "shutdown()" method, the socket link didn't close, and when i get the server proxy , it will have
    two socket links between the host

chanchanyuan
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

See also this FAQ.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

i see the vs projecct, it have some wrong info as follows:
    NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\ice33.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\iceutil33.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\bzip2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.

when the program collapse,i see the statck , it have some fault as follows:
    [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for ice33.dll]
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Did you try the demos that accompany Ice? Do they work? If they work, and your application does not then you can inspect the two project files and look for the differences in the compiler flags you have used.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the shutdown fault. The best way to get assistance on that issue is to post a complete working compilable example that demonstrates the issue.
  • matthew wrote: »
    Did you try the demos that accompany Ice? Do they work? If they work, and your application does not then you can inspect the two project files and look for the differences in the compiler flags you have used.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the shutdown fault. The best way to get assistance on that issue is to post a complete working compilable example that demonstrates the issue.

the two shutdown fault is settled, it is my fault..
    but the ice dll libraray which can't load release version dll i also can't settle.
    i check the compile flags, but maybe it is right
  • matthew wrote: »

the basic view is :
    i use ice realize four functions, two functions run commonly in release mode ,but two can't load release dll,

for example:
    NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\ice33.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\iceutil33.d ll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'NMS.exe': Loaded 'E:\Work\Top\NMS2009.6.2.3\NMS\Release\bzip2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Did you try the demos in release mode?