Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice::MemoryLimitException and Ice.MessageSizeMax

Hi,

i am trying to transfer an object of size > 1 MB using icebox.
but i am getting an exception

Outgoing.cpp:478: Ice::UnknownLocalException:
unknown local exception:
..\..\include\Ice/BasicStream.h:112: Ice::MemoryLimitException:
protocol error: memory limit exceeded

I have tried increasing the Ice.MessageSizeMax on both client and servers but nothing happened.

please help.

TIA,

Comments

• dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    Setting Ice.MessageSizeMax should be the solution to your problem. What is the size of your data and what value are you using for Ice.MessageSizeMax? Are you making sure to set the property before the communicator is created? Setting it after communicator creation will have no affect.

For your IceBox service where are you setting Ice.MessageSizeMax? Is it in the IceBox configuration or your service configuration. If you are setting it in the IceBox configuration you will need to make sure that IceBox.InheritProperties is set so that your service sees the property as well. Either that or move it to your service configuration.
  • I am trying to check the size of my data. It works fine for data less than 1 MB but as soon as the size increases i get the exception.

I have set Ice.MessageSizeMax to 10240 (10 MB) in the config file of client (client.config file).

Similarly I have set Ice.MessageSizeMax to 10240 (10 MB) in the config file of server (config.xml file, as i am using IceGrid).
  • dwayne
    dwayne St. John's, Newfoundland
    If you do not figure it out yourself, if you can provide a small complete example, including configuration, that demonstrates the problem it might be easier for us to see what is wrong.