Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how to run the demo/cppe/mfc on virtual windows mobile?

i use vs2008 build the iceE , windows develop sdk 6.0
i build the ice in cmd with INSTALL.WINDOWS whitch in ice file
it is ok;
the file in cppe/lib after nmake
iceecd.lib
iceed.lib
testcommoncd.lib
testcommond.lib

the exe in everydemo it is build ok, it is well run on windows2003 (i current work os)
but when i use vs 2008 build ,an error encounter;

1>iceecd.lib(iceec13d.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: 模块计算机类型“X86”与目标计算机类型“THUMB”冲突

how can i do it ,,

whether the erro the arouse by my os ,whether have to compile iceE on windows xp??

thanks

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

It sounds like you have built Ice-E for the X86 architecture. This would be the case if you didn't set WINDOWS_MODILE_SDK to "yes" in cppe/config/Make.rules.mak.

Did you review and edit the settings in the cppe/config/Make.rules.mak file before building Ice-E on the command line?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • thanks very much:)
    i done it ;
    so sorry ,i have anthor problem
    how to run demo exe ,whitch will link the iceec13d.dll when the demo exe run on virtual windows mobile ,

whether did i use the microsoft activesync to update file to wm emulator ?

thanks again
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    You need to copy the DLL and EXE to your Windows Mobile platform, this can be done using ActiveSync. You should put the DLL in the same directory as the EXE.

If you don't want to use a DLL for Ice-E, you can also build Ice-E as a static library by setting STATICLIBS to "yes" in cppe/config/Make.rules.mak, this way you will only need to copy the EXE to your Windows Mobile platform.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • thanks
    i run minimal demo on wm successfull
    can i run server on windows xp ,client on wm ?
    if can do it and how i to set environment?
    happy new year, best regards to you
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

If you checkout the code you'll see that the server sets programatically the Hello.Endpoints property and the client sets the Hello.Proxy property.

If you run the server on another host, you'll need to change the value of the Hello.Proxy property in the client to point to this host, for example:
       initData.properties->setProperty("Hello.Proxy", "hello:tcp -p 10000 -h 192.168.1.4");

You don't need to update the Hello.Endpoints property to run the server on another host: not specifying the -h option for the endpoints is equivalent to listening on all network interfaces.

I recommend checking out the manual for more information on Ice proxies and object adapters endpoints. You should also checkout the Ice in 20 minutes screencast, even if it's not about Ice-E specifically it explains the basics of the Ice runtime.

Cheers,
    Benoit.