Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Centos 5.4 php install issues

I have tried to install ice-php 3.3.1 and am having issues where the .so is in the same directory as other php .so files but it wont get loaded. php-v doesnt show it but there are no errors in any log file either. Someone linked me to 3.4-b1 so I tried installing that via yum and RPM it gives me the following dependency errors :
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package ice-php.x86_64 0:3.4b-1.rhel5 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: php for package: ice-php
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
ice-php-3.4b-1.rhel5.x86_64 from zeroc-ice has depsolving problems
  --> Missing Dependency: php is needed by package ice-php-3.4b-1.rhel5.x86_64 (zeroc-ice)
Error: Missing Dependency: php is needed by package ice-php-3.4b-1.rhel5.x86_64 (zeroc-ice)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I do have php compiled and installed:
# php -v
PHP 5.3.1 (cli) (built: Jan  5 2010 12:34:54)
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2009 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 2002-2009, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with XCache v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2009, by mOo
    with Suhosin v0.9.29, Copyright (c) 2007, by SektionEins GmbH

thank you for any help.

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The RPMs we provide are built against the default version of PHP that is supplied with the OS. In the case of CentOS/RHEL 5.4, that would be PHP 5.1.6. You will not be able to use the Ice for PHP extension from our RPMs together with your own build of PHP 5.3.1.

Instead, you should download the Ice source code distribution and compile the PHP extension yourself. You'll need to ensure that the build uses the correct version of PHP. Refer to the php/INSTALL file in the source distribution for more information.

Regards,
    Mark
  • ah thank you for the help I will try that now.