Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Michi, Thank you, for everything!

Hi,Michi,
I am shocked by the news on your leaving even I know the Chinese saying: In the world, no banquet will never end.

I once were using ICE in my project very heavily. It is you and other ice guys like Marc, Matthew, Benoit to tutor me step by step, answer my questions patiently even some of my questions look stupid. And, your answers always are the most detailed and willing to tell me all you know if possible. Thank you ,Michi. Actually, you will never leave away, won't you?

Best wish to you , Michi.

OrNot

Comments

• Hi Michi,

It was always pleasure to see how technical quality and innovation was valuable for you and how much energy you spent on advocating this point of view. I still remember Ice vs. SOAP vs. CORBA threads in comp.obj.corba :-) . I hope that "new things" you are moving to will be even more innovative and will continue to show to the whole world how technical excellence is still matter!

I wish you great success and all the best with "new things" and keen to hear what will comes out :-) .

Best regards,
    Andrey.
  • What is it mean for zeroc and ice?

In this times corba is more popolar in Chinses. Ice had few applications, but corba have more.
  • Thanks for the kind words guys! I had a ton of fun doing all the work on Ice. I still believe that, in the long term, technical excellence is what makes the difference.

Cheers,

Michi.
  • michi wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words guys! I had a ton of fun doing all the work on Ice. I still believe that, in the long term, technical excellence is what makes the difference.

Cheers,

Michi.

Miss You !
    祝:一路走好!
  • If you ever get interested in African drumming, we are sure to run into each other eventually! :)

Cheers,

Michi.