Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

[IceE+IceStorm+IceGrid] equivalence of findAllReplicas

Hi,
what is the equivalence of the findAllReplicas method of the IceGrid::Query interface to retrieve the proxies of each replica for a given replicated proxy when I use IceGrid+IceStorm+IceBox for replicated server and IceE for clients ?

Regards

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Yes, since findAllReplicas is a method from the IceGrid::Query Slice interface, an Ice-E client can use it. Just like you did for the IceStorm slice files, you'll need to translate the IceGrid slice file with the slice2cppe translator in order to be able to use these interfaces.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi,
    thank you for your reply. How to use it if I want to modify a duplicated file (fic1.txt) in each replica (e.g: rep1 has fic1.txt, rep2 has fic1.txt and rep3 has fic1.txt).

thanks
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Ice doesn't really provide any solution for this, it's your responsibility to implement the replication of the file. For information on one way to implement master/slave replication, I recommend checking out the Master-Slave Replication with Ice article in the Issue #23 of the Ice connections newsletter.

Cheers,
    Benoit.