Home Help Center

Overlay of Ice 2.4.1 source code kills VS addin

rpetersrpeters Member Rich PetersOrganization: braxton technologyProject: cross platfrom JNI replacement ✭✭
Hi,

In an attempt to see source while debugging I downloaded and unzipped the source code. Since there was no bin folder, it seemed pretty benign to unzip over the install directory.

I did that, and now Slice fails... The message is:
Error	1	C:\Program Files (x86)\ZeroC\Ice-3.4.1\cpp\bin\slice2cpp.exe not found. Review 'Ice Home' setting.	c:\Dev\CORE4\Common\Interface\AlsServiceControl.ice	0

my ice configuration for that project has not changed.
Why is it looking in the cpp folder???

thanks
Rich

Comments

• dwaynedwayne St. John's, NewfoundlandMember Dwayne BooneOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Internet Communications Engine
    The plugin determines whether Ice Home is set to an installation directory or a source tree by detecting the presence of certain directories. By unpacking a source distribution over the top of an Ice installation it now thinks the installation is a source tree, which has the slice compiler located in a different location than an install, namely cpp/bin.
  • rpetersrpeters Member Rich PetersOrganization: braxton technologyProject: cross platfrom JNI replacement ✭✭
    So what is the recommended fix for this?
    the readme didnt say much about unzipping the source...
    I just want if for debugging, not to build.

renaming the cpp directory to source seems to make it work again

Rich
  • benoitbenoit Rennes, FranceAdministrators, ZeroC Staff Benoit FoucherOrganization: ZeroC, Inc.Project: Ice ZeroC Staff
    Hi,

You can just unpack the Ice 3.4.1 source distribution in an other directory (in your home directory for example).

Cheers,
    Benoit.