Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceStorm.Publish.ProxyOptions

Hello to all!

I'm currently working on a custom endpoint, and I wish to use it with IceStorm. The delivery mode for this endpoint is datagram, so I would like to tell IceStorm to create datagram publishers. I've been reading throught the manual, and it could be done using ProxyOptions property, like this:
IceStorm.Publish.ProxyOptions=-d

But i'm having problems. When I launch the IceStorm, it says:
icebox: warning: found unknown properties for IceStorm service 'IceStorm':
    IceStorm.Publish.ProxyOptions

I'm using Ice 3.3.1. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for you help :)

Comments

• matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    Its not clear to me what you want to do. The clock demo can both publish datagrams, and receive datagrams from IceStorm. This is controlled by the mode of the proxy which publishes events (assuming that the endpoints for the publisher adapter is configured correctly IceStorm.Publish.Endpoints) or and the mode of the proxy which subscribes to IceStorm. In neither case is it necessary to set ProxyOptions.
  • Hi,

First, thanks for you reply ;)

The problem here is that I'm using a generic software to subscribe to the topic, and I cannot know whether it will be oneway, twoway or datagram. I would like to get a datagran proxy when I call to 'topic.getPublisher()', instead of using 'proxy.ice_datagram()'. This way, I do not need to change the subscriber code, as it will run with any type of endpoint.

I've tested the property ProxyOptions, (in spite of the warning) and it seems to run. I don't understand the warning then.

Cheers.
  • matthew
    matthew NL, Canada
    The warning is caused because IceStorm isn't aware of this property. If it works and it does what you want then ignore the warning :)