Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Visual Studio 2008 crash!

Heya,

I found a new and exciting way to crash visual studio. If you have an enum field, with all the members in capital letters, AGENT_CONTROL_LBUTTON_DOWN for example, when you try to save the file visual studio goes into an endless loop.

I'm using ice version 3.4.1, VS 2008 ver 9.0.21022.8, on windows 7.

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hi Kat,

Welcome to our forums!

Is this crash related to Ice in any way - e.g. are you saving a .ice file with this all-caps enum in it?

If yes, you may want to try the updated Visual Studio add-in: http://www.zeroc.com/download.html#win32_msi

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • It happens after I press save, after putting the all caps enumeration in. (Also, it appears, after I do anything which causes a host of errors).

I'll try updating the plugin! Normally I fix it by running slice2cs / java and fix the bugs in a text editor, then Visual Studio goes back to normal.
  • kizzie wrote: »
    It happens after I press save, after putting the all caps enumeration in. (Also, it appears, after I do anything which causes a host of errors).

I'll try updating the plugin! Normally I fix it by running slice2cs / java and fix the bugs in a text editor, then Visual Studio goes back to normal.

I wonder if this could be a bug in the slice compiler output parser... Could you post an example .ice file that demonstrates the problem?