Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Additional Steps for IceTouch set up on iOS 4?

Hello,
I'm trying my hand at writing a basic IceTouch client for the iPhone. I followed the screencast to the letter, but I ended up with 28 linking errors when I tried to build, all relating to libIceObjc.a. Admittedly I know very little about Objective C and targeting Mac platforms, but the app builds and runs just fine up until I add a slice file to the project, so I'm wondering if there's anything new I need to do since I'm using IceTouch 1.1, Xcode 3.2.5 and targeting the Iphone Simulator 4.2.

I've uploaded a screenshot of some of the error messages, but a few of them are "_SecTrustSetAnchorCertificates", "_kSecClass", "_kSecValueRef", etc.

Comments

• I tried using my same code on a Macbook running OS X 10.5.8 and Xcode version 3.1.4. I installed IceTouch 1.0 and was able to build my code without any linker errors up until I added the script to copy over the dynamic libraries. Once I added that, now I'm getting a build error "Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 64". Interestingly enough, I'm able to build and run the Ice iPhone examples that install with IceTouch (I actually copied the script from the Hello example, just to make sure my script didn't contain a typo). I'm sure these errors are probably really simple to figure out for experienced Mac developers, I'm just used to developing .Net code, I guess.
  • As an update, I was able to get my little proto-project running on my Macbook with Xcode 3.1.4, I got around the script error by replacing "$BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR/$CONTENTS_FOLDER_PATH" with plain ol' "./build/Debug-iphonesimulator". Not sure why bash took exception to my script and not the identical scripts from the examples, but I was at least able to get it running using IceTouch 1.0 and iPhone OS 3.1. Haven't made any progress figuring out the linker errors from IceTouch 1.1 and iOS 4.0 that I put in my original post though.
  • Finally figured it out! I was missing the proper frameworks, once I went back and added CFNetwork, ExternalAccessory, and Security frameworks everything compiled and ran just fine. I was looking for answers in the online documentation and didn't think to check my hard drive for release notes. Now I know better :D