Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

about chat demo applet client

hi,
I want to use applet client,
I use ant to bulid a ChatDemoAppletGUI.jar, and I import the ChatDemoAppletGUI.jar in the index.html with <applet>,
I run those in tomcat,
But when I visit index.html, the login form is not appear.
I check the code
function waitUntilInit()
{
//alert(document.ChatDemoApplet);
try
{
if(document.ChatDemoApplet.isStarted())
{
updater.stop();
initialize();
}

}
catch(e)
{
}
}
because initialize() is not execute.

how can I make "document.ChatDemoApplet.isStarted() == true" ?
I can't make sure that if the applet load successful.
I have no idea to make sure that there is no exception when I visit the index.html.

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    how can I make "document.ChatDemoApplet.isStarted() == true" ?

You don't need to do that, the applet set the start flag to true once it has started. See start method in ChatDemoApplet.java.

Note that if you have compiled the applet without proguard, you must also add Ice.jar to the applet archives, see "Deploying the Java applet ..." section in the ChatDemo INSTALL files.

When developing applets will help to enable the Java Console, you can do that from "Control Panel > Java" on windows, in the "Advanced" tab try to enable "Debugging" options and "Java Console"
  • xdm wrote: »
    You don't need to do that, the applet set the start flag to true once it has started. See start method in ChatDemoApplet.java.

Note that if you have compiled the applet without proguard, you must also add Ice.jar to the applet archives, see "Deploying the Java applet ..." section in the ChatDemo INSTALL files.

When developing applets will help to enable the Java Console, you can do that from "Control Panel > Java" on windows, in the "Advanced" tab try to enable "Debugging" options and "Java Console"

hi, thanks a lot,
    best wish.