Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceTouch 1.1 SDK Linker Errors

Hello,

I am attempting to compile a program using the IceTouch 1.1 SDK, iOS 4.2, and XCode 3.2.5. I installed IceTouch using the installer. The program compiles correctly, but I get 17 linker errors such as

Undefined symbols:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEStringHelper", referenced from:
objc-class-ref-to-ICEStringHelper in IceStorm.o
objc-class-ref-to-ICEStringHelper in SliceChecksumDict.o
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEObjectPrx", referenced from:

I have the Additional SDKs set correctly to "/Developer/SDKs/IceTouch-1.1/$(PLATFORM_NAME).sdk". I also have added all 4 required frameworks. I've tried manually adding the static library files and compiling on another machine with a fresh install, but the linker errors still remain. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Matthew Hall

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

NOTE: I answered this message yesterday morning but my response got lost with EC2 Amazon crash so I'm answering it again now.

Adding linker flags shouldn't be necessary when using the IceTouch SDK. Could you copy/paste the full log of the error as well as the linker command? Are you compiling the executable for armv7 perhaps? IceTouch 1.1 was only compiled for armv6, so I would expect such linker errors if trying to compile for armv7.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • I got everything to compile correctly yesterday. The problem was the library search path was set incorrectly in the target build settings to /opt/IceTouch/lib. I am assuming it was a relic from when I was evaluating Ice last year, but never fully removed. Since I normally work in the project-wide settings, I never looked far into the target build settings. With the SDK, I figured I didn't need the search path set, so I removed the entries. Everything works fine now.

Thanks,
    Matthew Hall
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Great, I'm glad you got it working.

Cheers,
    Benoit.