Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Compiling IceSL

Hi,

After having some troubles with Ice for silverlight because of the Memorystream issue, I decided to implement the fix and to build IceSL myself.
However I couldn't succeed in compiling. VS2010 did not recognize the nmake-command (with Visual c++ installed). I also tried it in the cmd-prompt like this:
C:\IceSL>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\nmake.exe" /f Makefile.mak
This doesn't work either, since cl.exe is not recognized as a command and nmake returns a fatal error "U1077".

Eventually, I tried to install Ice for VS2010 but the setup fails saying that "disk1.cab" is corrupted. Redownloading the setup didn't help.

Is there anyone who can help me on this one?

Best regards,
Yves

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Visual Studio 2010 has been released after IceSL-0.3.3, so that isn't a supported compiler for IceSL.
  • thanks for your reply,
    I installed Visual Studio 2008, but I'm having the same problem as before.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Are you running "nmake" command from Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt? Note that you must use the Visual Studio 2008 professional version, with C++ and C# languages installed.

nmake and cl.exe are installed as part of Visual Studio 2008, if you haven't this commands in your Visual Studio Command Prompt, seems like something is wrong with you Visual Studio setup.