Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceSSL & Python: How to `setCertificates'?

We've got a server wrote in Python and runs on Gnu/Linux machines, that uses Ice as its communicator. It uses SSL to secure connections.

Both server and client have to provide their certificates. But we don't want to keep these certificates in files.

Client wrote in .Net, and I implement a version of IceSSL Plugin to use OpenSSL, and I use its `setCertificates' method to set its certifications.

On the server-side (Python) I tried the method explained in Manual: Getting IceSSL plugin from pluginManager, and calling its `setCertificates' method.

But it says: "operation `getPluginManager' not implemented".

I don't want to spend my time writing a custom plug-in in C++ for our server-side.

Is there any solution to this? If it isn't, do you have any idea about how to not keeping certificate in files?

Thank in advance.

Other info:
Ice version: 3.4.1
Language: Python

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi,

As you've discovered, Ice for Python does not support the Plugin API yet, which means your only alternatives are the C++ configuration properties for IceSSL, or writing a C++ plug-in.

Out of curiosity, why don't you want to use files?

Regards,
    Mark
  • Thanks for your response.

Our reasons for not using files are a little complicated to explain!

We will find a way. Maybe we need to change our design a little ...
  • Porblem with password callback

We decided to keep certificate in files. But there's another problem: Since we can't get Plugin Manager in Python, we can't use a Password Callback! (Because we can't set Ice.InitPlugins to zero, and call PluginManager.initializePlugins() )

Everything forces me to write a custom C++ plugin :`(