Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Start IceGridRegistry and IceGridNode under specified account

Hi!

Does anybody know how to start IceGridRegistry or IceGridNode under a specified user under Linux?

Some option like --user would of course be helpful, but I have failed to find such one in the documentation. For instance:

/opt/Ice-3.4.2/bin/icegridnode --user ice --daemon --pidfile /var/run/icegridnode.pid --Ice.Config=/etc/zeroc.com/nodes/grid.node1

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    Hi Dmitry,

The IceGrid executables don't provide an option for selecting a user. I recommend that you review how the startup scripts on your system accomplish this. For example, our Ice RPMs for RHEL and SLES include startup scripts that allow you to specify a user account.

Regards,
    Mark
  • mes wrote: »
    Hi Dmitry,

The IceGrid executables don't provide an option for selecting a user. I recommend that you review how the startup scripts on your system accomplish this. For example, our Ice RPMs for RHEL and SLES include startup scripts that allow you to specify a user account.

Regards,
    Mark

Thank you, Mark for your reply!

By the way, I was searching the Internet for a decent startup/shutdown scripts for IceGridRegistry and IceGridNode for Debian. I know Debian is unsupported, but I would be nice to have such native scripts published somewhere in the Documentation. Just a suggestion.

PS: by the way, it seems that the forum engine no longer sends notifications about replies to threads... Could someone please check it?
  • mes
    mes California
    PS: by the way, it seems that the forum engine no longer sends notifications about replies to threads... Could someone please check it?
    I checked the outgoing mail log and found an email notification that was sent to you about my reply to this thread. Perhaps the message was mistakenly placed in your spam folder?

Regards,
    Mark