Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Help setting up IceTouch 1.2.0?

I'm having some troubles getting IceTouch running in XCode 4.2. I used the installer, added a .ice file to my project and all the slice options showed up in the Build Summary. I added the iphoneos.sdk and the iphoneos/ResourceRules.plist. Everything looked great, except I didn't end up with any auto-generated .h or .m files.

I used the slice2objc compiler to generate the files manually and dropped them in the project, but the project compilation is still failing with this completely unhelpful error:

"Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1"

Any tips on what I might be missing?

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Dennis,

Have you check the demos included in IceTouch, if the demos work means your installation is correct and there is something wrong in your project configuration, demos are installed in "/Developer/Examples/IceTouch-1.2.0/iPhone"

Also check Xcode Project Settings for Cocoa and iPhone Applications

If slice2objc fails to create the .h/.m you should review errors in "Xcode Log Navigator", the same for your clang error.
  • Thanks for the tip! Turns out I had two issues. The problem with XCode plugin not autocompiling slice files for me I believe was because I had copied a slice file from a Windows platform, which I think that probably set some funky file attributes in Mac OS X. I copied the text, deleted the file and added a new one with same name, pasted the text back in and voila! Auto compiled slice files.

I believe the clang linker issue was because I had used quotes instead of brackets when I did my #import statement on my ice-generated headers. I tried the brackets at first, but the red error icon appeared next to it with a message that XCode couldn't locate the header, even though it was in the local directory. Using quotes made the error disappear. However, I opened one of the examples and built it without issues, then I noticed that the same error was showing up on the example's #import statement. So I changed back to brackets in my project and the build succeeds now even though it's still showing an error icon on that line. But as long as it works, I could care less!

Thank you!
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Glad you got it working.

The red mark should go away when you build the project, and slice2objc generate the header. The Slice compiler doesn't run until you build the project.