Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceSSL .Net for Mono

Hi.

Our product needs to be partially deployed on the Mono platform and uses SSL for security puproses. IceSSL is good enough but it lacks a support for the Mono platform.
Is there is a possibility to upgrade IceSSL .Net for a support for the Mono platform?

Regards, Alexander.

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi Alexander,

We tried a while ago to port IceSSL with Mono but some bugs in the SSL implementation of Mono prevented us from supporting it (I believe it was with Mono 2.4.x). We will eventually look into this again in the future and see if those bugs are resolved. If this is something you would like to see supported soon, please contact us as sales@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi Alexander,

We tried a while ago to port IceSSL with Mono but some bugs in the SSL implementation of Mono prevented us from supporting it (I believe it was with Mono 2.4.x). We will eventually look into this again in the future and see if those bugs are resolved. If this is something you would like to see supported soon, please contact us as sales@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Thank you, Benoit.

Our team was found a local solution of this problem by patching Mono (v.2.8.2) and a little modifying an IceSSL.
    I can email you this patches if it can help ZeroC to update IceSSL to be able to run on the Mono.

Regards, Alexander.