Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

ICE 3.4.2 MSI installation problem in Windows 7

Hello

I'm experiencing a problem when installing ICE 3.4.2 MSI in windows 7 for Visual Studio 2010. The installation but does not finish and gives error HRESULT 0x800736FD error code. (an error occurred during the installation of assembly component)

Has anybody information why this error occurs and how to fix it?

Regards
Marko

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Marko,

Welcome to our forums.

I have not seen this error before, but seems that it could be related to a problem with your .NET framework setup. You can try the following to repair it:
    • Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator.
    • In the command prompt execute: sfc /scannow
    • Install pending windows updates.
  • xdm wrote: »
    Hi Marko,

Welcome to our forums.

I have not seen this error before, but seems that it could be related to a problem with your .NET framework setup. You can try the following to repair it:
    • Click on the Start menu, choose All Programs, then Accessories, then right-click on the Command Prompt item and select Run as administrator.
    • In the command prompt execute: sfc /scannow
    • Install pending windows updates.

Hi Jose

Thank you for advice, I will ask our administrator to try this since it seems that I have no privileges to install updates or run scannow by myself.

- Marko
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    You can ask your Administrator to try to run the installer as administrator, maybe is just a permissions problem.