Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

how can i change a ice project developped under Ice-3.2.1 to ice-3.4.2?

hi!
when i run the project developped under Ice-3.2.1 on the ice-3.4.2 ,it will occur error as "fatal error C1189: #error : Ice version mismatch!" !
how can i change a ice project developped under Ice-3.2.1 to ice-3.4.2?
what should i do can update the project developped under Ice-3.2.1 to ice-3.4.2?

wait for your help !thanks very much!
ateng
Monday, May 07, 2012 china

Comments

• bernard
    bernard Jupiter, FL
    Hello,

You should read the Release Notes.

Best regards,
    Bernard
  • thank you very much !

I will study it at once.
  • bernard wrote: »
    Hello,

You should read the Release Notes.

Best regards,
    Bernard

hello Bernard!

I have stuy the Release Notes.But i find that my project have not use icestorm and other servers.It only use the common base proxy,the communication way is easy as the example of helloworld just a RPC process,howerver the project use to communicate between client and server with this way in a lot of places . I have to use the new version of ICE3.4.2 to redevelop the project.
    The problem hit me again :" how can i update a ice project developped under Ice-3.2.1 to ice-3.4.2 where the project only use the base RPC ways with ice3.2.1 ? "
    the error occur where i run the project based on ice3.2.1 in the ice 3.4.2 platform?
    wait for you special help sincerely !
    ateng 2012.5.8
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    If the changes mentioned in the release notes does not affect your project, you only need to rebuild your project, the rebuild is necessary because Ice-3.2.1 and Ice-3.4.2 are not binary compatible.

You must use the slice2cpp from 3.4.2 and also link with 3.4.2 libraries, when deploy your application ensure the paths are properly set to use 3.4.2 libraries. See Using the Windows Binary Distribution - Ice 3.4 - ZeroC

Note that Ice always keep over the wire compatibility, so an Ice-3.2 client can communicate with an Ice-3.4 server.
  • thank you very much.it is a easy mehod for my project but perfect!