Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 3.3.1 Install + CentOS 5.8 - cPanel

Greetings and thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

CENTOS 5.8 i686
cPanel
apache2
Ice 3.3.1
PHP Version 5.2.17
/usr/local/lib/php.ini (config path and file)
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 (my specified extension directory)

I'm currently trying to install Ice on my server so that MumPI can communicate with Murmur (voice communications server) and display the channel info, number of users on, etc.

I already have Murmur and MumPI installed, and working. However MumPI is unable to function 100% as it cannot find Ice. MumPI uses php so I'm guessing Ice-php is what I'm needing.

Disabling the yum.conf file from excluding php allowed me to finally install Ice via: yum install ice-php, however after restarting the web server a php -m Ice does not show up in the list.

I'm affraid after many days of searching for solutions to this, I've become comepletely lost after reading dozens of "how to's" with seemingly a dozen different solutions, none of which seemed to have resolved the issue. Any guidance to help get Ice set up would be greatly appreciated. To save any would-be helpers some possible frustration; I'm an expert linux user my no means, so please be gentle and keep in mind, I might require small amounts of hand holding from time to time. Thank you :)

Comments