Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

IceTouch 1.2.1 with unable to load entry point createIceSSL

Environment:
ice touch 1.2.1
RMBP OS X 10.8.1
xcode 4.4.1

my app use ice and glacier,everything is fine in debug mode. ice and glacier work fine in both ios device and simulator.
I archive and distribute my app to an ipa package.i get some errors when i run in ios device:

Ice/PluginManagerI.cpp:357: Ice::PluginInitializationException:
plug-in initialization failed: unable to load entry point `createIceSSL': dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, createIceSSL): symbol not found

this errors throw by code:
self.communicator = [ICEUtil createCommunicator];

1:ice touch 1.2.1 don't support xcode 4.4.1?
i execute command 'cp -r -p 4.3 4.4' after install ice_touch_1.2.1.dmg,my slice-plugin is work fine.a
2:i did not use the SSL mode(TCP mode instead) in my glacier,how can i solve that?

help me please ,thanks!

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

This is caused by the stripping of global symbols in the release executable. You can work around this issue with one of the following 2 options, in the Xcode project:
    • Change the "Strip Style" in the target "Build Settings" from "All Symbols" to "Non-Global Symbols".
    • In the Build Settings, set "Additional Strip Flags" to "-s symbols.txt" and create a file named "symbols.txt" which contains the following symbols:
      _createIceTcp
      _createIceSSL

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

This is caused by the stripping of global symbols in the release executable. You can work around this issue with one of the following 2 options, in the Xcode project:
    • Change the "Strip Style" in the target "Build Settings" from "All Symbols" to "Non-Global Symbols".
    • In the Build Settings, set "Additional Strip Flags" to "-s symbols.txt" and create a file named "symbols.txt" which contains the following symbols:
      _createIceTcp
      _createIceSSL

Cheers,
    Benoit.

it's work fine.
    u are my hero!!!