Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice installer on Xcode 4.5.1 Mountain Lion

Hi all,

I just ran the installer pkg from the IceTouch-1.2.2-2-Xcode-4.5.dmg, and when creating an XCode project, I don't see the Slice option in the build settings, and when opening the CLI, I try to run either slice2cpp or slice2objc and it says command not found.

I browsed to see where everything was installed, and when checking the /Library/Developer folder, I see that the icetouch-1.2.2 folder is there, with bin, lib, SDKs, etc. So, I see that the bin is not being placed in the system bin path, or anything.

Also, when checking the /Library/Application Support/Developer folder, I see the symlink created like a post referenced for getting the XCode plugin to work on XCode 4.5, but still no luck, I don't see it working, and being new to XCode, I don't know where to check if the plugin was loaded or not.

Can anyone help me please? as the title says, I'm using XCode 4.5.1 on my macbook pro with Mountain Lion, core i7, 8GB of RAM.

Thanks!

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Raul,

When you run the installer the plug-in should be installed in:

"/Library/Application\ Support/Developer/4.5/Xcode/Plug-ins/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin"

The installer doesn't create any symlink, it creates a folder with the plug-in, maybe you created the symlink to get the plug-in working with the previous Ice Touch version?

Can you check if the plug-in folder exists or if it is just a broken symlink, in case is just a broken symlink remove it, then run the unistall.sh script from IceTouch-1.2.2-2-Xcode-4.5.dmg and re run the installer.

The easy way to check if the plug-in works is to build one of the Ice Touch demos , you can download the Ice Touch demos from ZeroC - Download Ice Touch 1.2.2
    when opening the CLI, I try to run either slice2cpp or slice2objc and it says command not found.

That is expected the installer doesn't adds Ice Touch binaries to the system PATH.

Let us know if that solve your problems.

Best regards,
    Jose
  • Hi, thanks for the reply,

When opening one of the ice samples, I can see in the build settings, the Slice section, but if I create a new cocoa project, I don't see that, how do I enable the Slice section to my new cocoa projects?
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    You need to add the Ice Touch SDK to your project Additional SDKs

see: Xcode Plug-in - Ice 3.4 - ZeroC
  • I did, I added: $(DEVELOPER_DIR)/SDKs/IceTouch-1.2/$(PLATFORM_NAME).sdk as an additional SDK in my build settings, but still, I don't have the Slice section in there. How should I add this?

Here's my project's build settings with the SDK attached:
    Attachment not found.

And even after that, the Slice settings doesn't appear:
    Attachment not found.

But when I load a sample project (the chat example), it has the settings:
    Attachment not found.

So, how do I do that? how do I make my settings to be like the chat example?
    1.jpg 52.6K
    2.jpg 18.7K
    3.jpg 60.7K
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    You need to add some Slice file to your project, after you add it you must see the Slice settings in your project.