Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice 3.4.2 compiled for ARM. Helloworld problem

Hi!

A lot of time from my last visit. I'm returning to Ice active development.

I'm trying to make an application for an ARM board. I was able to compile Ice and its dependencies with the provided toolchain, and being able to run the "helloworld" C++ example.

But, when trying to connect from my PC over the network with a Python client, I always get a
Ice.ConnectionRefusedException:
Connection refused"

I have discarded network problems: I have "ping" to the ARM from my PC and I can connect to the listening port of the endpoint (I forced it to "tcp -p 10000") with netcat.

I think it will be a problem of endianness or byte-order. I tried with and without this patch [Diff] Ice 3.4.2 patch for ARM try #1 - Pastebin.com, but the result is the same.

I don't know what is happening. How can I get a logger on the server side to see the reason it is refusing the connection to the Python client?

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Try running your client and server with --Ice.Trace.Network=2", it should print network tracing showing on which IP address the server is listening and the IP address the client tries to use to contact the server.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • So quick and so helpful! :-)

Thanks a lot. It made me discover than I was a lot of time away from Ice and I forgot to check the more basic: I wasn't using the provided string for converting to a proxy in the client...

But the log message made me discover that on the client side, so a lot of thanks!