Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Click and run Ice-3.4.2 cross compiling package for Embedded ARM Linux

All the C++ and Python libraries of Ice-3.4.2 will be compiled with the script command file.

You can download the attarchment here. A python-2.6.6 cross compiled package for ARM Linux is included in the package. You can read the former post for how to get a minimized package of python 2.6.6 to setup and run on you ARM Linux.

Some patches on Ice source code is included to solve the double float error on ARM target board(for my test system Sansung ARM11), see this on Zeroc forum.

Comments

• Need a little help understanding where we can go to find what source. The latest is 3.4.2? Where do we go for what source code in order to build targeting Linux/ARM? Or do we target a Linux flavor and cross compile? For instance, 3.4.1 had a zip and tar.gz we could download? Where is that for 3.4.2?

Also, in our development configuration, I'd like to target on-device for servic-y issues (servants) while prototyping the main app (client) in Windows and communicating with the device over TCP/IP (possibly secure, SSL?).

All with the same code base (Ice source included). Need a little help with that one. Doable?
  • Need a little help understanding where we can go to find what source. The latest is 3.4.2? Where do we go for what source code in order to build targeting Linux/ARM? Or do we target a Linux flavor and cross compile? For instance, 3.4.1 had a zip and tar.gz we could download? Where is that for 3.4.2?

Also, in our development configuration, I'd like to target on-device for servic-y issues (servants) while prototyping the main app (client) in Windows and communicating with the device over TCP/IP (possibly secure, SSL?).

All with the same code base (Ice source included). Need a little help with that one. Doable?

I downloaded the Ice 3.4.2 source and all needed third party libraries on zeroc web site page: ZeroC - Download - Ice 3.4.2. The double float data format of the built result for ARM/Linux for my target CPU(Samsung 6410) with sourcery arm linux g++(I use 2008q3 version which is g++ 4.3.2) have some endian issues so the original Ice source files need to be patched before build for ARM/Linux. The patch and all needed source file and third party libraries are all included in my post. Only c++ and python libraries of Ice are built in my package, and I only tested it with typical Ice server and client applications in C++ and python. I think ssl should work but I didn't test it.