Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Ice-3.5b Win32 Binary Distrib - Please Upgrade Runtime Dependencies to VS2012 runtme

Most of my project has upgraded to the VS2012 runtime, but the DLLs in the binary distribution refer to the VS2010 runtime, at least according to what I can see when I run dependency walker.

It would be nice to have a distribution that's setup and ready to go for the new runtime, so I do not have to build from source. (Although I have already started to do so. I was happier when I didn't have to add this to my build.)

Comments

• mes
    mes California
    The binary distribution includes DLLs for VS2012 in <install-dir>\bin\vc110.

Mark
  • Hmm. How do I get the VS-Addin to reference these DLLs instead?

I'm having trouble getting the build to select these DLLs instead. Assistance would be appreciated.
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi Robert,

The Visual Studio Add-in picks the library and bin directories based on the "Platfrom Toolset" you configured, if you select v110 it will use the DLLs and libraries in vc110 directories.

You can change the "Platform Toolset" in the project properties, in "Configuraton Properties > General" section.

You will need to rebuild the project after update the platform toolset.

Regards,
    Jose
  • Thank you Jose.

It turns out I had a faulty installer build in my own project that was collecting the wrong DLLs.

Problem solved. Thank you for your prompt response.