Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

iOS Client Linker Error

Hi, I'm trying to build an iOS client for my project, and Xcode gave me this list of linker errors. Can anyone help me look at it and tell me what is going on?

Thanks !!
Ld /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit normal i386
    cd "/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit"
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 6.1
    setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /var/folders/cf/p0wd4f2n44zfx5plgqvmx_tw0000gn/C/com.apple.Xcode.501/CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator6.1-bdwsugfgkasgupgjfygspgwctfro -L/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/SHCockpit" "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/../../../Downloads/CorePlot_1.3/Binaries/iOS" -L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib -L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib -F/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/SHCockpit.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -mios-simulator-version-min=6.1 -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreData -lCorePlot-CocoaTouch -o /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_ICEInternalCheckModeAndSelector", referenced from:
      +[SHCMiddleMan initiate___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
      +[SHCMiddleMan initiateRsp___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
      +[SHCMiddleMan getData___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
      +[SHCMiddleMan close___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
      +[SHCMiddleMan closeRsp___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
      +[SHCMiddleMan rtnData___:current:is:os:] in middleMan.o
  "_ICEInternalLookupString", referenced from:
      -[SHCMiddleMan dispatch__:is:os:] in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEFloatSequenceHelper", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEObject", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEObjectHelper", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEObjectPrx", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEOperationNotExistException", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEProxyHelper", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEUnknownUserException", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ICEUtil", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in SHCAppDelegate.o
  "_OBJC_EHTYPE_$_ICEException", referenced from:
      GCC_except_table54 in middleMan.o
      GCC_except_table99 in middleMan.o
      GCC_except_table122 in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_EHTYPE_$_ICEUserException", referenced from:
      GCC_except_table127 in middleMan.o
      GCC_except_table128 in middleMan.o
      GCC_except_table130 in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_ICEObject", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_ICEObjectHelper", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_ICEObjectPrx", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan.o
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_ICEProxyHelper", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

The linker command is not linking with the IceObjC library (missing -lIceObjC). How did you setup your Xcode project? It looks like you didn't set ADDITIONAL_SDKS so you will need to add "-lIceObjC" to the "Other Linker Flags" setting in your Xcode project. Alternatively, you can add "/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3/SDKs/ObjC/$(PLATFORM_NAME).sdk" to the "Additional SDKs" setting and the Xcode plugin will take care of setting up the header and library search paths and of adding the right linker flags.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • I did set the additional SDKs for both the project and the target. Is there any other settings that I need to toggle on/off? or do I have to manually add the lib and include paths?

Thanks
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Which Xcode version do you use? Is the Ice Touch Xcode plugin enabled? You can tell by searching for "Slice" settings in the project settings, it should show Slice settings as described on the Xcode Plugin manual page.

If you don't see those settings, you should check if the Xcode plugin is correctly installed in "/Library/Application Support/Developer/4.6/Xcode/Plug-ins/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin".

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • I'm using Xcode 4.6.3, and the Slice setting is not there! How do I install that?

I do find the slice2objcplugin.pbplugin folder in Plug-ins/, but it is in a weird way. The directories unfolds like this:
    .../Xcode/Plug-ins/
       |_slice2objcplugin.pbplugin (But this is a shortcut, its Original shows /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/Xcode/slice2objcplugin.pbpblugin)
            |_Contents  (a real folder with actual contents in it)
            |_slice2objcplugin.pbplugin (Another shortcut that points to the same Original as the above one)
                   |_Contents
                   |_slice2objcplugin.pbplugin(and I'm suspecting an infinite loop here because when I try to dig deeper here the finder crashes) 

What should I do?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Although it shouldn't be there, I don't think the symbolic link is a problem (you can try removing it with sudo rm -r /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/Xcode/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin).

It's not clear why the plugin doesn't load. Do you perhaps have another Xcode plugin installed in $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins? Do you see anything suspicious in the logs when opening the "Console" application?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Yes there is another directory under /Library/Application Support/Developer.
    Here's how it unfolds:
    .../Developer
       |    |-Xcode
       |         |-Plug-ins
       |-Xcode
            |-Plug-ins

And about the console, I have never opened an console before so I can't see anything that's unusual...

P.S.> I tried the sudo rm -r /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/Xcode/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin/slice2objcplugin.pbplugin/, and now there is nothing left in the slice2objcplugin.pbplugin folder. Is this what it is supposed to be?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

If the /Library/Application Support/Developer/Xcode directory only contains the slice2objc plugin, you can remove it. Did you perhaps install Xcode after installing Ice Touch?

What does running the following command prints out?
      $ xcodebuild -version

I suggest that you un-install Ice Touch using the uninstall.sh script from the IceTouch-1.3.0.dmg image:
      $ cd /Volumes/IceTouch\ 1.3.0
      $ sudo ./uninstall.sh

Then, re-instal Ice Touch using the installer, hopefully this will fix the problem.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Sadly it didn't... :(

Running xcodebuild -version gives me this:
    Xcode 4.6.3
    Build version 4H1503

And I closed the Xcode when re-installing IceTouch.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Did you check for plugins in your home directory "$HOME/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins" directory?

Did you try to compile some of the Ice Touch iPhone demos to see if it works?

When you open the Console application, you can select "All Messages" and search for "Xcode" to see if there are any messages related to a failure to load the plugin.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Yes I have checked the plugin directory and it was all the same (including the Xcode and 4.6 folders) except that the recursive shortcut has gone.

Yes I have tried the demos and at least the chat one is working fine.

And when I try build the project there is one new message in console:
    "Xcode: ERROR: Failed to create an alert for ID "enabled" based on defaults: 1"
    and this is the only message related to Xcode
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    If the iPhone chat demo compiles, the plugin must be working. It wouldn't compile otherwise. You should see the following settings when selecting the chat target:

Attachment not found.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Oh, I'm building for an iPad app. Does this matter?

And I do see those settings in chat.

And also, I sliced the .ice file in terminal and moved the output files into the project. Is this the correct way to do it?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    No it shouldn't matter -- you can try building and running the iPhone demos on the iPad, it should also work.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Does your project actually includes a Slice file? The Slice settings will only show up if there's a Slice file in the project.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Wow I did got the IceInternal errors off! But there are still 15 errors left (17 before)...
    So here's the new message:
    Ld /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit normal i386
        setenv PATH "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
        /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /var/folders/cf/p0wd4f2n44zfx5plgqvmx_tw0000gn/C/com.apple.Xcode.501/CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator6.1-bdwsugfgkasgupgjfygspgwctfro -L/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/SHCockpit" "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/../../../Downloads/CorePlot_1.3/Binaries/iOS" -L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib -L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib -F/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/SHCockpit.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -ObjC -lstdc++ -lIceObjC -lGlacier2ObjC -lIceStormObjC -lIceGridObjC -mios-simulator-version-min=6.1 -framework ExternalAccessory -framework Foundation -framework Security -framework CFNetwork -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreData -lCorePlot-CocoaTouch -o /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit

ld: warning: ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking against dylib built for MacOSX: /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib/libGlacier2ObjC.dylibbuilding for iOS, but linking against dylib built for MacOSX: /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib/libIceStormObjC.dylib

ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking against dylib built for MacOSX: /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib/libIceObjC.dylib
    ld: warning: building for iOS, but linking against dylib built for MacOSX: /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib/libIceGridObjC.dylib
          objc-class-ref in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          objc-class-ref in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table54 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table99 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table122 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table54 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table99 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table122 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table127 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table128 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table130 in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          GCC_except_table127 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table128 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          GCC_except_table130 in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o

And there's this new warning message that says the libraries are built for MacOSX (the ld warning above)... How should I fix it?

Sorry for having so many problems. I'm new to both iOS programing and Ice.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Check the "Library Search Paths" setting, it looks like you added "/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/lib". You should remove it as this points to the OS X dynamic libraries. When building for iOS with the Xcode plugin, the only setting necessary is "Additional SDKs" and it should be set to "/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3/SDKs/ObjC/$(PLATFORM_NAME).sdk".

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Now it's like this:
        /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /var/folders/cf/p0wd4f2n44zfx5plgqvmx_tw0000gn/C/com.apple.Xcode.501/CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator6.1-bdwsugfgkasgupgjfygspgwctfro -L/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/SHCockpit" "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/../../../Downloads/CorePlot_1.3/Binaries/iOS" -L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib -F/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/SHCockpit.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -ObjC -lstdc++ -lIceObjC -lGlacier2ObjC -lIceStormObjC -lIceGridObjC -mios-simulator-version-min=6.1 -framework ExternalAccessory -framework Foundation -framework Security -framework CFNetwork -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreData -lCorePlot-CocoaTouch -o /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit

ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceObjC.a, missing required architecture i386 in file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceObjC.a (2 slices)ld: warning: 
    ignoring file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libGlacier2ObjC.a, missing required architecture i386 in file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libGlacier2ObjC.a (2 slices)
    ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceGridObjC.a, missing required architecture i386 in file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceGridObjC.a (2 slices)
    ld: warning: ignoring file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceStormObjC.a, missing required architecture i386 in file /Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib/libIceStormObjC.a (2 slices)
      "_ICEInternalCheckModeAndSelector", referenced from:
          +[SHCMiddleMan initiate___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan initiateRsp___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan getData___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan close___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan closeRsp___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan rtnData___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          +[SHCMiddleMan initiate___:current:is:os:] in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
      "_ICEInternalLookupString", referenced from:
          -[SHCMiddleMan dispatch__:is:os:] in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          -[SHCMiddleMan dispatch__:is:os:] in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
          _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o

It still doesn't look like anything I can handle myself...:(
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    It's now picking up the iPhoneOS libraries (ARMv7) instead of the iPhoneSimulator libraries (i386)...

It looks like you still have "-L/Library/Developer/IceTouch-1.3.0/SDKs/ObjC/iphoneos.sdk/usr/local/lib" in your "Library Search Paths setting"... as mentioned in my previous email, the only thing that should be necessary is the "Additional SDKs" setting. You should remove any other Ice Touch related setting you might have set prior to this one.
  • Hi,

It helps a lot when I removed the library directory. Thank you so much!

Here is the other error that pops out (and I really wish this is the last one!):
        /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /var/folders/cf/p0wd4f2n44zfx5plgqvmx_tw0000gn/C/com.apple.Xcode.501/CompositeSDKs/iphonesimulator-iPhoneSimulator6.1-bdwsugfgkasgupgjfygspgwctfro -L/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/SHCockpit" "-L/Users/liuhong/Documents/Xcode workspace/SHCockpit/../../../Downloads/CorePlot_1.3/Binaries/iOS" -F/Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -filelist /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/SHCockpit.LinkFileList -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -ObjC -fobjc-arc -fobjc-link-runtime -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -ObjC -lstdc++ -lIceObjC -lGlacier2ObjC -lIceStormObjC -lIceGridObjC -mios-simulator-version-min=6.1 -framework ExternalAccessory -framework Foundation -framework Security -framework CFNetwork -framework QuartzCore -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework CoreData -lCorePlot-CocoaTouch -o /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.app/SHCockpit

duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.mmbrokerID in:
        /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
        /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.mmuserID in:
        /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/middleMan-72F85286D1560CAF.o
        /Users/liuhong/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SHCockpit-brvvhiitviuunmailrichsrnsjkt/Build/Intermediates/SHCockpit.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/SHCockpit.build/Objects-normal/i386/middleMan-D43C584FD1A50C99.o
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.mmpassword in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.connected in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.logged in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.data in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_IVAR_$_SHCMiddleMan.lastTradingDay in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleMan in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrx in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManPrxHelper in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_METACLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in:
    duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_SHCMiddleManHelper in:
    ld: 15 duplicate symbols for architecture i386

• NVM, I tried removing the sliced .h and .m file and the problem goes away. Thanks a lot!