Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Glacier2 Router for IceStorm, while keep auto retry for other messages

i am using Glacier2 Router to allow IceStorm messages to pass through firewall, so that even IceStorm messages are server side initiated, they can still go through the Glacier2 router session , which is initiated by the client.

As I want to keep other client initiated connections unchanged, the router is only enabled in the adapter that listens to IceStorm, but not as the default router. it works as i observe the Ice network log

Can I still enable automatic retries for those client initiated connections (not through Glacier2 router) while not affecting traffic through the router?

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    The retries interval is a per communicator setting, so you will need to use two separate communicators to have different settings.
  • Thanks for your reply.

If I just enable auto retry, how will the traffic through the Glacier2 router affected?
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Basically your client will retry, after Glacier2 has already retry and failed which doesn't make sense. I think you may be interested in reading Teach Yourself Glacier2 in 10 Minutes to better understand Glacier2, if you have not already read it.
  • Thanks for your information