Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

[IceGrid] Customized load balancing policy support

Hi ZeroC staffs,

There is no doubt that IceGrid is a great service out of the box already, and I saw from the following link that
you already have "Customized load balancing policy" on your TODO list, so I am writing now for the latest status of this task.

http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/5898-icegrid-load-balancing-policy.html

We all know that 4 different types of load balancing policies are provided, but in some specific scenarios customized policy is really a big need, for now I have a project and it is being developed as a pilot project using IceGrid under the cover, now I have an issue bugs me for a long time, that is our service (ice service) is deployed on multiple IceGridNodes, but they are not a PEER-to-PEER services, say, one of them is supposed to serve some specific clients ( by examining session ID or something like this ), and another serves other clients, by doing so load can be amortized among multiple services with respect to real domain specific logic. and another example can be balance load by RAM requirement.

So now I can summarize my questions as follows:

1. Is IceGrid ready to support customized (plugable) load balancing policy already ? and
2. if no, when can it be ready ?
3. If this is not your priority, what can I do to make it your priority ?

Thanks a lot,
Ben

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

IceGrid still doesn't support custom load balancing policy. This isn't very high on our priority list right now. The best way to make it reach the top of the list would be to sponsor it. If you're interested in sponsoring this, please contact us at info@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • benoit wrote: »
    Hi,

IceGrid still doesn't support custom load balancing policy. This isn't very high on our priority list right now. The best way to make it reach the top of the list would be to sponsor it. If you're interested in sponsoring this, please contact us at contact@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.

Is there any other contact, your mail box is not reachable some following reason

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

contact@zeroc.com
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Sorry, my mistake. It's info@zeroc.com.