Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Integration with Unity problem

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate our system (based on unity 4.2.0f4) with ICE, to do this i did the following steps:

- compiled ICE with FRAMEWORK = 3.5 flag setted
- created the server logic that set up the connection to IceStorm
example:
   IceStorm.TopicManagerPrx manager;
   manager = IceStorm.TopicManagerPrxHelper.checkedCast(
                    _ic.stringToProxy("PrestoRemoteIS/TopicManager:tcp -p 10000 -h 172.28.16.140"));

When I try to run the server alone all it's ok, it connects to IceStorm.
When I try to run the server inside unity, it stops to work.
(Unity IDE became unresponsive, and there are no errors or exceptions)

I tried to investigate in the ICE source code and it stops when this point is reached:
bool ok__ = og__.invoke();
inside ObjectDelM_ class in Proxy.cs file.

I don't know if someone already had this problem but I didn't found anything related to this in the forum.

Thanks
Michele

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I believe this is a known issue with Unity and Ice 3.5.0. It will be fixed with Ice 3.5.1 which is due for release very soon (a matter of days). I suggest you wait a little and try again once it's released.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi Benoit,
    thank you for the fast response and the good news!

Do you know if there is a more precise date for the release? (because we need to re-organize our work)

Cheers
    Michele
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

If everything goes well, it will be today or sometime next week. Note that we also provide patches to our commercial customers (either in the source or binary format), you might want to consider this option going forward. If you need more information on our commercial support, you can contact us at info@zeroc.com.

Cheers,
    Benoit.