Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Connexion timeout on a not ICE protocol end point

Hi,
on my server, I open two port for the clients to connect.
One is an ICE end point for some administrative commands, and one is for a legacy (fast? dedicated) protocol port.

I have a monitoring client when badly configurated tries to connect with ICE on the legacy protocol port. On this case, the monitoring client hang forever on connect (my server sees something sent to the legacy port but discard the bytes, but doest not close the port).

Is there a way to tell ICE to not wait forever (a functional handshake?) the connect returns ?

Regards,
David

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

You can setup a timeout, see Timeouts and Connection Establishment in the Ice manual.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Ok so simply as that.
    When reading the doc (without testing it), I was wondering if timeout was only for unsuccessfull connection (physical)
    Thanks.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi

See Connection Timeouts, timeouts are not only for connection establishment. They are also used for read/write and close operations on the connection as well as for waiting the reply of a two-way Ice invocation.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Yes,
    because my client sent a callback to my server, so I put time_out to -1

I will switch to bidirectional calls (This was what I want at first but I have misunderstood the difference between two_way and bidirectional)

Hence with me, I quite new to ICE, and the doc is quite big.
    Thanks for your help

Regards,
    David