Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Visual Add-in exception

Hi,
If I open a project which did not use Ice, sometimes I got an exception from the Ice VS plugin (3.4.2.2 and 3.5.1)
Attachment not found.

Sometimes, VS ask me if I want to disable the addin...

Regards,
David

Comments

• xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    Hi David,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, can you provide some more info?

What Visual Studio version are you using? What kind of project is opened when it happened? Does it happen after you just open the project in Visual Studio or when you execute some command?

Regards,
    Jose
  • Hi,

I use VS 2010 ultimate SP1, and VS 2012.
    I did not reproduce the issue with VS2012 and Ice 3.5.1 (I switch a lot between two configs) at home. I use a lot of open-source projects with automatic update from 2010 to 2012.
    And this pop-up did not appears all the time.

At work, I only use VS2010 team edition SP1 with Ice 3.4.2. I will ask to update all to 3.4.2.2 add-in. May be there is still 3.4.2.0 add-in installed. I have reinstalled on all my desktop the last Ice add-in.

The work environment has lot of others components installed (RFA, ...).

I will be take care if it happens again

Regards,
    David

PS : I have downloaded the add-in source but I do not know how to debug it :)
  • xdm
    xdm La Coruña, Spain
    There was a similar problem with 3.4.2 and VS2010, shouldn't happen with 3.5.1, it was related to a Visual Studio 2010 bug that shows up when the solution explorer was not visible, not sure if that is the same case.

To get a stack trace when this happens again, you can build the vs add-in from sources, and copy the PDBs along with the DLLs to Ice-x.x.x\vsaddin.

To build the add-in you will need to install the corresponding Visual Studio SDK.
  • Yes have seen an issue if a project is not available into the solution.
    May be 3.4.2.2 fixed this.

I forgot to say that the problem appears on the solution load (no command launched)

I will install the pdb and see if it happens again.
    Thanks.