Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

type and size of dynamic symbol `DES_SPtrans' are not defined

after i build the third party software,i start building source of Ice3.5.1,when i execute "make" command i got an error like this:

g++ -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/ICE-3.5.1/Ice-3.5.1/lib -rdynamic -Wall -Werror -pthread -fPIC -g -L../../lib -o ../../bin/glacier2router Blobject.o ClientBlobject.o CryptPermissionsVerifierI.o Glacier2Router.o Instance.o Instrumentation.o InstrumentationI.o ProxyVerifier.o RequestQueue.o RouterI.o RoutingTable.o FilterI.o FilterManager.o ServerBlobject.o SessionRouterI.o -lGlacier2 -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/ICE-3.5.1/bzip2-1.0.6/lib -lIce -lIceUtil -lIceSSL -L/usr/local/ICE-3.5.1/openssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `DES_SPtrans' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: dynamic variable `DES_SPtrans' is zero size
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/ICE-3.5.1/openssl/lib/libcrypto.a(crypt586.o)(.text+0xa): unresolvable R_386_32 relocation against symbol `DES_SPtrans'
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld return 1
make[2]: *** [../../bin/glacier2router] error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ICE/Ice-3.5.1/cpp/src/Glacier2'
make[1]: *** [Glacier2] error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ICE/Ice-3.5.1/cpp/src'
make: *** [all] error 1

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Which platform and compiler version are you using? It seems to be an issue with the openssl build. It looks like you built openssl yourself, isn't openssl available with the packaging system of your system?

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks,Benoit
    I use Linux Operation System named Neokylin Linux, and I use gcc c++ 4.4.5 as the compiler, yes i built openssl by myself because i don't think there is a suitable version for this system.
    However i tried using the rpm for red hat on your website, it worked. So does this mean i can use this version? Or is there any risk for using ice in this way?
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

I don't recommend using binaries from another platform, it might work if the C and C++ libraries are compatible but you might also run into subtle issues. The best would be to figure out why it fails to link with your OpenSSL build. There's a thread here describing a similar problem, it looks like this might be an issue with OpenSSL assembly code. I recommend to discuss this with the OpenSSL developers on OpenSSL mailing lists.

Cheers,
    Benoit.