Archived

This forum has been archived. Please start a new discussion on GitHub.

Problem about Ice::BadMagicException

Hi,

I meet an Exception:

Ice::BadMagicException: unknown magic number: 0x08, 0x80, 0x88, 0x00

How a BadMagicException will be throw? And if it throwed, how should I do?

Thanks.

:)

Comments

• benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

Can you provide a little more information on the context where this is thrown? Is it thrown from a client invocation? or do you see it on the server side? If on the server side, this typically indicates that a non-Ice client tried to connect to the server endpoint.

Also, please provide information on which Ice version and platform you're using.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Thanks Benoit,

1 The Ice::BadMagicException is thrown from a client invocation(when a server callbacks).

2 This invocation will be call many times. It will be success some times first. But after some successful invocation, every invocation will throw Ice::BadMagicException.

3 When Ice::BadMagicException thrown, I will call the failed invocation again. But it throw Ice::BadMagicException again.

4 We are using ICE 3.4.2 on win7-x64.

so I want to know why it throw, And I should do after it thrown?

PS: I am looking for known issues of ICE 3.4.2, so that we can pay attention to these in the development. I make sure there should be a page about it on ICE official website. But I have not found it... Could you give me a link to that page. Thanks very much.

Cheers,
    Gu.
  • benoit
    benoit Rennes, France
    Hi,

This exception should in theory never be thrown so it's not clear to me what is causing it in your application. Could you try with the latest Ice 3.5.1 version? We only provide free support on the forums for the latest Ice version. There's currently no known issues for Ice 3.5.1.

Cheers,
    Benoit.
  • Hi, benoit :)

Thanks very much for your help.
    These days, we are upgrading our Ice from 3.4.2 to 3.5.1.
    But we achieve a small problem while upgrading.
    I post a new thread for it:
    http://www.zeroc.com/forums/help-center/6169-problem-about-ice-service-class-windows-service-3-5-1-a.html

Gu.